Friday, May 20, 2011

New York Interlude

Fletcher and I spent a few days in New York with Grandma and Papa on our way to Italy. Dallas joined us for the last day. First item on Fletcher's agenda: Playing pooh-sticks in the backyard.






It was pretty rainy while we were there, but luckily we could entertain ourselves with hats from Grandma's extensive collection.






Whenever the rain cleared up even a little, we went next door to the church parking lot, so Fletcher and Papa could ride their tricycles together. This is the same parking lot where I leaned to ride a bike. What's better than riding a tricycle? Riding a tricycle through puddles!




The church also has a playground with a paved loop that is ideal for chasing one's grandfather around.

 



And for telling said grandfather not to get too close.

 We also dropped in on our Brooklyn pals, Olivia...
...and Sophia!

Their mom, Nancy, had thoughtfully provided Fletcher with a cookie that was shaped like a truck. However did she know? He talked about it all the way home.

I don't even remember how he did it, but somehow Fletcher convinced me that it would be a good idea for me to bake chocolate cupcakes. I confess that he wasn't entirely wrong.


It also seemed like a really good idea to take a doughnut from the breakfast buffet at the hotel and put a candle (or two) on it.


No comments: