Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pi(e) Day

Saturday was March 14, otherwise known as 3.14: Pi Day! What better way to celebrate than with a giant serving (or two) of pi(e)? We went to the Texan Cafe in Hutto to celebrate. Hutto, by the way, is the "Hippo Capital of Texas". It's home to the Hutto Hustlin' Hippos.



Dallas enjoying one of his pieces of pie. This is either the peanut butter/chocolate, or the turtle pie that was too rich for him. Seriously, he couldn't finish it. I think he was as surprised as anyone.



Valerie's German Chocolate pie

With Lisa, Quinn, Jessica, and Aidan

Fletcher interacting with Aidan and not making him cry. You see how this can work, Zoe?




Uncle Trevor tells good jokes!



Auntie Stacy is fun!



Valerie thinks it's very funny to pretend that Fletcher is being eaten by a hippopotamus.


Fletcher does not agree.


Happy Pi(e) Day, y'all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish we could have come to Hutto for some Pi(e) with you guys.

I can't say I've ever been to Hutto, but I guess there's a Hippo there. A big fake Hippo. A Hippo in Hutto. It's like a new fork in New York!
Paddle in Seattle.
Origami in Oregon.
Dallas in Wonderland.
Renoir in Detroit (pronounced de twa).
Cheese sticks in Phoenix.
The big Hoover in Vancouver.

All lame.

Man...pie sounds good.

Kyle

natalieandelliot said...

I find this aspect of Texas culture unfamiliar and a little scary. In Chicago, March 14th was St. Patrick's Day observed. There was no pie (though pi was all around us, I suppose).

We are observing St. Pat's Day again today just to be on the safe side.