Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Birthday Festivities, Part 7: Karaoke!


Apparently, Fletcher's Grandma Bonnie thought I was kidding about the karaoke. But would I joke about such a serious matter?



Fletcher plays with a car and pretends that Daddy and Eric aren't serenading him and Simon with "Ebony and Ivory".



Aaron teaches Aidan and Zoe the words to the festive children's song "Jeremy".


Fletcher and Zoe combine forces. I think that Zoe is singing "Twinkle Twinkle".


Fletcher is singing the chorus of "Thelma Lou", one of the songs from our music class.

It goes like this: (in a gorilla voice) Oh oh oh, oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh!

Oh oh oh oh (clap clap) oh oh ohh."




They're really belting it out here. Zoe has by now followed Fletcher's lead and is also making gorilla noises.






Aidan also took a turn at the mike.



Simon had his concerns.










I'm a little disturbed by his ability to work the crowd.


You might think that he takes after his Daddy...


...until you realize that he's using a mike that's turned off, and then you know that he has some of his mommy in him as well.

Bonus footage: Fletcher and Dallas take on "The Wheels on the Bus". Best viewed only by blood relations.





And for the finale...the hokey pokey!


You put your head in.


Lisa and Quinn turn themselves around.


I believe we are putting our backsides in.




And that's what it's all about!

2 comments:

sommac said...

Is Dallas available for other parties?

Next year I am booking you as party organizer - a birthday in 7 parts! How will you top that - you set the bar kinda high considering how many birthdays are left!

natalieandelliot said...

Spectacular duet. We want part 8!