It was a sad day in the Sandick family. I couldn't put it off any longer - it was time to return Fletcher's beloved car to the toy library. We've had it checked out for months because the library was closed due to an embezzlement scandal. Now they say they're planning to open up again and they need everything returned. They don't know when they'll actually open for business though, so we may not get "our" car back for ages.
I've checked Ebay and craigslist - no one has this car for sale anywhere. Probably because it's completely hideous.
He was so delighted when I let him put it in the car this morning. He didn't cry when I turned it in, either. He just kept saying, "Car! Mama? Car! Car!". It was like a scene from "Old Yeller", but without the rabies and the shotgun.
Goodbye, ugly car! We'll miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment