Thursday, April 05, 2012

Charlottevsille, part 2


Someday, Fletcher and his band will play this stage in Charlottesville. The exact composition of the band changes on a daily basis, but it usually consists of Fletcher on guitar, bass, drums, triangle and "pinano" and Louisa on shaker egg.



As we were walking back to our house from the pedestrian mall, having just picked up some amazing Himalayan takeout, Fletcher picked a tulip from a neighbor's yard. "I love this tulip, and it loves me. I'm going to name it 'Tulip'".

"I love you, sweet little Tulip!".

This was followed by a long conversation about what Tulip might be thinking, and what Tulip might want to say to us. The majority of our conversations with Fletcher over the past year or so have been about the hypothetical thoughts and feelings of animals and inanimate objects.

For example: "I love I35 (the interstate) so much, Mama. It's my favorite road.  I hope it loves me too!".
and: "What is the sun saying right now?".


Sharing a joke on the porch.


We hung out on the lawn for a long time and enjoyed sitting on something other than the scratchy plant life that passes for "grass" in Central Texas



 This magnificent creature, by name of 'Finn', stopped by our yard, probably in hopes of some leftover Himalayan food.


I really love this boy.


I really love this girl, too!

No comments: