Saturday, April 07, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Easter...


We baked cookies in anticipation of Easter: oatmeal, peanut butter, and a delicate coating of frosting and sprinkles.


Here is Fletcher cleaning up afterwards....


...also wearing a delicate coating of frosting and sprinkles.

 Since we were going to have egg salad for dinner anyway, Fletcher and I decided to get our creative juices flowing by dyeing a pre-Easter batch of eggs. We used an inferior dye, got frustrated with the results, and just poured all the dye into one cup...


...which is how we ended up with this.


We made teeny Easter baskets for White Puppy and Maisy.
 "Maisy's basket is going to be red, but I'm going to make White Puppy's basket pink, because I love her so much! Did you know that pink is the color of loving on the rainbow, Mama?".


They really get into the holidays.


I think this is what you call an appraising look.


Keeping her eyes on big brother at all times. You never know when he might do something thrilling.


 We went with some friends to an egg hunt at a local park.


The eggs were just sort of lying on the ground, but it was still a little intense for our boy.


He liked the part where we sat around and ate candy better. This is the serious look of concentration of a boy who is tasting his very first Snickers.



And this is Kranshie's first plastic egg.



 She'll get me back for this someday, I realize that.

Possibly sooner than I know.

No comments: